Year 6 Larch
Academic Year 2019-2020
If you would like to report something anonymously - please click the button below.
Click here to watch a video of Mrs Owen
explaining returning to school on 1st June.
Click here to watch a video about where you will be.
Set Work During School Closure
Please email work to Mrs Bettles and Mr Milne here: email@example.com
Here is your weekly timetable:
Year 6 - Useful Websites for Home Learning
Whilst we are all in the period of social distancing and isolation, why not read some free ebooks to transport you into new worlds?
Creative writing ideas:
- https://www.mathschase.com/ - added on 2.4.20 - give it a go!
Animals Including Humans:
Additional Science for All of KS2:
- 5 a day fitness videos on youtube
- Joe Wicks - Kids Workout Videos
Info and activities on fair trade:
African Countries Quiz:
- Maths homework in curriculum year 2017/18 will take the form of a scheme called 'Big Maths Beat That!' This helps the children with quick recall of number facts. The children will have a quick test which takes around 5 minutes on a Monday and then take the same test on a Friday. They can practice the questions they answer incorrectly by taking the paper home and getting help from parents and guardians. Some children will accurately answer all the questions correctly so they aim to achieve quicker times each week they sit the paper. The scheme runs for 10 weeks and can be rerun to increase accuracy and speed. Big Maths Beat That! was trialled in year 3 last year and is being successfully used in other schools in Tunbridge Wells. As the children are not used to the timings of these tests, class teachers are giving them as much time as they need to start with and then the time will be reduced as they get used to them. Please note MyMaths will no longer be used and logins have now stopped working.
Click here for some Big Maths Beat That! tests
- Maths Passports will continue in classes and be managed by class teachers.
If you have any questions please see myself or the class teacher.