The Beehive (before & after school care) & Holiday Play Club
Beehive is open on the following dates in May for Key Worker children:
Friday, 8th May - Bank Holiday
Monday, 25th May - Bank Holiday
Tuesday, 26th May to Friday, 29th May - May Half Term
This service is FREE for Key Worker Children and is open from 7.30am to 6.00pm
If you are a current parent of Bishops Down, and a Key Worker, please book the sessions you need using School Gateway in the Holiday Club Keyworkers section - if you have problems booking with Gateway please email Beehive on :
If you are a parent in the community and are a Key Worker and need childcare please email (include dates required, times etc):
The Beehive at Bishops Down Primary and Nursery School offers both wrap around care and holiday play club services. Both are run and operated from the school site providing the following services:
- Breakfast Club (for children enrolled at Bishops Down from Nursery to Y6)
- After School Club (for children enrolled at Bishops Down from Nursery to Y6)
- Holiday Play Club (for all children from the local community from age 3 to 11)
We have a dedicated team of qualified and experienced staff providing a high quality learning environment.
Is to have a place where children want to come and relax and look forward to playing with their friends in a safe and happy environment. We would like the children to be given opportunities to try out new enrichment activities that they may not normally participate in.
We aim to offer a range of activities making sure we appeal to all ages and abilities. For our youngest children we implement the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum ensuring that a variety of activities and experiences are offered.
Spontaneous and child initiated activities are a main focus too and staff are always on hand to offer advice and support to the children implementing activities and playing alongside the children.
Breakfast - each day children will be offered a choice of muffins, pancakes, crumpets, toast, a variety of cereals, yoghurts and fruit juice.
Light Tea - our menu is based on a 3 week rota and changes seasonally and can include dishes such as vegetarian chilli with tacos, crackers with dips and fillings, meat and vegetarian wraps, fish fingers and beans e.g.
Our pricing structure is as follows:-
7.30am to 8.45am £4.00 (including breakfast)
After School Club
3.15pm to 6.00pm £10.00 (inclusive of light tea)
Per Hour £3.30 (excluding light tea)
Light Tea £1.75 (if required)
Included in After School Club there is a selection of fresh fruit and vegetables on offer as snacks for all children.
Holiday Play Club
8.00am to 6.00pm £30.00
8.00am to 1.00pm £15.00
1.00pm to 6.00pm £15.00
If you require further flexibility the following options are available:-
8.00am to 2.00pm £18.50 (6hrs)
8.00am to 3.00pm £22.00 (7hrs)
8.00am to 4.00pm £25.50 (8hrs)
8.00am to 5.00pm £30.00 (9hrs)
Children attending Holiday Play Club must bring their own healthy packed lunch, a water bottle and enough snacks for during the day.
How do I book my child on one of the above services?
- All services are booked through our School Gateway system. You will need to download the free App in order to make your bookings. This only takes a few minutes and you will only have to do this once. Click here for the App.
- For children who do not attend Bishops Down Primary and wish to make bookings using the School Gateway App for one of our half term, summer or spring holiday play schemes you need to first contact us (via email) with some personal information in order for us to add you to our system. Once this has been done you will be able to download the App and search for your child. We need to know the following:
- Child's Name
- Parent's Name
- Child's Date of Birth
- Parent's Email Address
Please email the above information to: email@example.com. We will get back to you within 48 hrs confirming your child is in the system and for you to book using the App.
After booking your child using the App and for us to confirm your child's place please complete the relevant forms below and return them to either the School Office or download, scan and return via email.